Whistler is the largest ski and snowboarding resort in North America, but that’s not the only thing that’s great about it. You can hike mountains, camp under the stars, meet black bears, swim in glacial lakes, ride a mountain bike or an ATV, and so much more. Here are just 20 (out of hundreds) of reasons why you should move to Whistler right now.
1. You can ski and snowboard at the biggest resort in North America.
2. And have people like this to inspire you.
3. You don’t need to see the Coca-Cola advert on TV to know it’s Christmas.
4. Snow is super romantic.
5. And hockey is way better than football.
6. There are friendly black bears everywhere in summer.
7. Just don’t let them into your house.
8. You can test your skills in the bike park.
9. Or fly down some of the highest and longest ziplines in the world.
10. And snowmobile to the top of a mountain.
11. The Peak 2 Peak gondola is the highest in the world, the glass bottom car is worth the wait.
12. You can bungee jump for a lot less money than you can in New Zealand.
13. And sleep in a yurt.
14. And float down the River of Golden Dreams.
15. Every lake is incredibly beautiful.
16. It’s hard to believe places like this even exist in real life.
17. Camping is one of the best things to do.
18. Every hike has something amazing to see.
19. If you don’t want to hike you can just hop on a plane and see how beautiful everything is from the air.
20. Or just stay in the village, there is always something going on.
I could probably think of a hundred more reasons why Whistler is such an incredible place, but you should check it out for yourself. Yes, flights are expensive and lift tickets are astronomical, but it’s worth it. Especially if you’re lucky enough to live there for a year or two like I was.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you can think of something that should be added to the list!