Six Year Gap Year is a travel blog that focuses on long-term budget travel from a backpacker with eleven years of experience. Here you’ll find travel guides for some of the world’s most popular destinations and a few spots that are off the beaten path, with some (hopefully) entertaining stories and colourful photography to help share the beauty of this world.
I’m Josie, a bartender and photographer from Cornwall, UK. I first left home in 2009 and I’ve been travelling ever since, trying to see as much as I can while avoiding adulthood. Now I’m back in Cornwall to study Marine and Natural History Photography at Falmouth University! One step closer to saving the planet. I love hiking, camping, snowboarding, scuba diving, surfing, basically anything that will get me out into nature, but I also love being at home with my cat, a cup of tea, and a good book.
My first year abroad was a pre-booked “gap year”, I was young and wild and didn’t have a clue about how the world worked. I learnt quickly enough, and over the last 11 years I’ve visited 48 countries, lived in another 6, and I’m not done yet. While I’m in the UK for university I hope I can see more of Europe, and once I finish I’ll finally be making my way through South America and the rest of Asia.
I want to hear from you!
- If you have any questions regarding a country or visa application
- If you’re interested in collaboration and have some great ideas
- If you want to work with me to advertise on social media
- Or if you just want to say hello and send me photos of cats
You can get in touch at email@example.com.
- The Gartmore Experience – A walking holiday in the hills of Scotland
- Face Adrenalin – Jump the worlds highest bridge bungy
- It’s Only Monday Apparel – clothing inspired by a love of the outdoors (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Crisos Active-B Hydration Shots – Created to fuel & hydrate the world’s most extreme adventurers, elite athletes and party goers
- Ningaloo Whale Sharks – An unforgettable experience swimming with whale sharks
- Bambu Backpackers – The best choice for your budget stay in Perth
- Soi 55 Lifestyle – Beautiful accessories inspired by the far-flung beaches of the tropics (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Around About Cars – making your dream South African road trip a reality
- Harbour Air Seaplane Tours – Seeing the best of BC from the air
Six Year Gap Year in the media!
- “The Hidden Tracks” by Gestalten Publishing (book publication)
- “Ride Out!” by Gestalten Publishing (book publication)
- Say Yes To Adventure: Volume One (magazine publication)
- Flight Centre’s “The Captain’s Getaways” (magazine publication)
- Modern Trekker (guest blogging)
- Born To Bunk (guest blogging)
- South Africa (Instagram feature)
- Matador Network (Instagram feature)
- Western Australia (Instagram feature)