Hello, and welcome to Six Year Gap Year!
Six Year Gap Year is a travel blog that focuses on long-term, budget and solo travel. It’s a collection of stories, tips and advice from one girl avoiding adulthood by travelling the world.
My name is Josie, I’m a 29-year-old travel blogger and bartender from Cornwall, UK. I first left home in 2009, I was 19 years old and in search of answers to questions I didn’t even know. I assumed I would ‘find myself’ and come back a changed person, maybe even… an adult. Nope.
That first year abroad inspired in me a wanderlust so deep that I’m still going 9 years later. With every tick off my bucket list, I add another five things to see and do. I have visited 39 countries, lived in a further 6 and have plans to bump that number up considerably over the next few years before the need to buy a house and fill it with cats becomes too strong.
I want to hear from you!
- If you have any questions regarding a country or visa application
- If you’re interested in a collaboration and have some great ideas
- If you want to work with me to advertise on social media
- Or if you just want to say hello and send me photos of cats
You can get in touch at email@example.com
- The Gartmore Experience – A walking holiday in the hills of Scotland
- Face Adrenalin – Jump the worlds highest bridge bungy
- It’s Only Monday Apparel – clothing inspired by a love of the outdoors (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Crisos Active-B Hydration Shots – Created to fuel & hydrate the world’s most extreme adventurers, elite athletes and party goers
- Ningaloo Whale Sharks – An unforgettable experience swimming with whale sharks
- Bambu Backpackers – The best choice for your budget stay in Perth
- Soi 55 Lifestyle – Beautiful accessories inspired by the far-flung beaches of the tropics (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Around About Cars – making your dream South African road trip a reality
- Harbour Air Seaplane Tours – Seeing the best of BC from the air
Six Year Gap Year in the media!
- Coming soon: “Wanderlust 2” by Gestalten Publishing (book publication)
- Coming soon: “Ride Out” by Gestalten Publishing (book publication)
- Say Yes To Adventure: Volume One (magazine publication)
- Flight Centre’s “The Captain’s Getaways” (magazine publication)
- South Africa (Instagram feature)
- Matador Network (Instagram feature)
- Western Australia (Instagram feature)
- Modern Trekker (guest blogging)
- Born To Bunk (guest blogging)