The Versatile Blogger award is given to those show a high quality of writing, a uniqueness and love displayed in the words on the virtual page, and amazing photos to go with it. It’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers to spread the word of the awesomeness that exists in the blogging world.
Here are the rules:
- Be a good person and publicly thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog so everyone else can see how great they are.
- Select 5-10 nominees you think are deserving of this award and notify them via social media so they can feel good about themselves too.
- Tell all of these people 7 random things about yourself, and ask your nominees to do the same. It’s good to learn about other people!
It’s a real honour that Six Year Gap Year has been nominated for this award by the talented Erin of Horse On The Menu. If you have any desire to visit Italy she should be the first blog you check out. Go do that right now and get inspired! I know I am. And now I suppose I need to talk about myself for a while…
Here are seven things about me:
- I am a huge nerd. I don’t mean that I’ve watched a few superhero movies and bought a Batman t-shirt. I mean I will sit at home and play a video game for 8 hours straight just to get 100%. I’ll do the same with a book series until I’ve finished them all. I’ve watched every episode of Doctor Who at least 6 times. And of course I love the Marvel series, DC not so much… I should also mention my Harry Potter and LotR tattoos.
- Snowboarding is my all time favourite activity. My first season was in New Zealand, followed by a few months in Switzerland, and then two years in Whistler, Canada. No matter what is wrong with my life, I can get on my board and feel nothing but adrenaline and happiness as I’m flying through trees or throwing myself off little cliffs.
- I started travelling because of a drunken promise. No joke, I was in the pub and a friend of mine mentioned he was moving to a farm near Christchurch. I promised I would visit him and a few weeks later I had booked my first round the world ticket. Thanks Adam!
- I once threw a dart at a map and went where it landed. Ok so this one might have been a bit of a fluke as I’m actually pretty good at darts, but I threw one at the map in my room and it landed in Canada. Fast forward six months and I’m moving to British Columbia for two years, I regret nothing.
- I absolutely detested hiking as a kid. I remember my mum forcing me to leave the house on a rare sunny day in Cornwall to enjoy the beautiful coastline and I would sulk for days. Now I’m sulking if I’m not outside doing something, and I’ve been hiking up mountains all over the world to make up for it.
- I don’t get hangovers. I mean, I used to, and then I moved to Canada. I don’t know if it was the fresh mountain air or the fact that I stopped drinking Red Bull… but BOOM! They just stopped. Although I’m terrified that one day I’ll die from 4 years of collective hangovers.
- I am a crazy cat and dog lady. We’ve always had cats growing up and I love them because they are assholes that make you feel so damn special when they choose to show you a little bit of attention. Then I started travelling and stopped to say hello to every dog I met and I’m converted, they just love you unconditionally. Everyone needs that kind of love in their life.
Hope all that weird information about my life wasn’t too much of a bore for anyone. It was good for me to sit here for a while and actually think about my life for a moment! I didn’t learn much new…. I like travel, nerdy stuff, snow and animals. And now for my nominations, I want you all to do the same! Show me what ya got.
My nominations are:
- Myles from Suitcases and Cynicism, for his weird and hilarious travel stories.
- Emily from See Her Travel, because I have so much respect for other solo female travellers.
- Tegan from The Travel Curve, because her and her blog are gorgeous.
- Monica from The Wanderlusteur, pick the perfect holiday and outfit at the same time!
- Eric from Let’s Go Bravo, the photos alone will blow your mind.
- Jimmy from Memories of Morocco, great travel tips and great photos.
- Chris and Kerri from Passport Penguin, travelling from a couple’s perspective.
- Ali from What Ali Sees, family friendly travel advice.
- Sheena from DIY Travel HQ, “Helping you travel longer for less”.
- Emily from Kids and Compass, so much travel with their little ones.
Really looking forward to reading 7 weird and wonderful things about all of you! Make sure you all check out each others blogs and see how different travelling can be for different people! Again, thanks a million to the wonderful Erin behind Horse on the Menu for the nomination.